Registration is now open!
2018 Principles & Philosophy Conference
October 23-25, 2018
Caraway Conference Center, Sophia, NC
What makes the Principles & Philosophy Conference unique?
- The conference is produced and presented by volunteer CUDEs from the Carolinas;
- All conference earnings are donated to the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation; and
- The curriculum connects credit union staff with our purpose and passion.
"I have been in the financial industry for over 25 years, in commercial banking regulation, consulting commercial banks and credit unions all over the country and now back to the regulatory side for credit unions. I have over 1,400 hours of training in the industry and have never attended a class that focused on the true nature and purpose, and history of the industry as this one." -- 2017 conference attendee
See a recap of the 2017 conference here.
Staff and volunteers at credit unions of $125 million in assets and under may apply and be considered for a scholarship to attend the conference. Scholarships include all conference costs (all meals, two nights of lodging, and all conference materials). Incidental costs, including travel to and from the conference center, is not included. To apply for a scholarship, please complete this form and return it to Jeff Hardin by August 31, 2018.
Share in the core principles and values that make credit unions great!
The conference is a deep dive into the cooperative business model and the Seven Cooperative Principles that differentiate credit unions in the marketplace.
In addition to the operating principles, attendees learn the social purpose of co-ops and credit unions. Participants leave with a greater understanding of just how special credit unions are, and why the Seven Cooperative Principles are at heart good business practices.
The Principles & Philosophy Conference appeals to a wide range of professionals, including:
- Young professionals who wish to learn more about credit unions.
- More seasoned professionals who have come to credit unions from banks and other industries.
- Longtime credit union employees who wish to deepen their appreciation for the uniqueness of credit unions & co-ops.
For more information on the conference, please contact Jeff Hardin (919-457-9063).